A Software Program for Creating Weaving Drafts and Drawdowns
Created by Bengt Nelson
This program is provided by the generosity of the author and through the auspices of the Pikes Peak Weavers Guild. If you download the program and find you like it, a donation to the nonprofit Pikes Peak Weavers Guild (address provided below) to help defray server hosting charges would be appreciated. Please note that the Help menu in WeaveDesign may not work with newer versions of Windows. Currently there are no plans to update the software.
Features of WeaveDesign
- Complete weaving package providing threading, treadling, liftplan or tie-up, and drawdown for both single harness and double harness weaving
- Fabric (yarn interlacement) view
- Drawloom Patterning for shaft or unit draw
- Ability to import graphics and pictures to establish pattern for draw cords
- Metric or English measurements
- European drawdown, reading from bottom to top to facilitate draw procedures
- WIF files are supported
- Computer loom interfaces not supported
Note: Microsoft Service Pack 2 places numerous security checks on programs before download. Virus protections are maintained on all computers involved with production and upload of WeaveDesign to the PPWG website. (Version 1.5 – September 17, 2004). Some anti-virus software may show you a warning when you go to install WeaveDesign. This is a “false positive”; and it is OK to go ahead and install.