2016 - 2017 EVENTS & PROGRAMS
The Pikes Peak Weavers' Guild meets the second Friday of each month from September through May at the Mountain View Church of Christ, 1080 E. LaSalle St at Paseo in Colorado Springs, CO (unless otherwise indicated).
Come for coffee, socializing and library time at 9:00 am. The business meeting starts at 9:30; the program begins at 11 AM. Click and drag on the map below for more location information. (A) represents Downtown Colorado Springs, and (B) is the location of the church.
Meetings and Programs 2015 - 2016
- September 9 — Panel Discussion: Weaving Draft Documentation — Cherie Irvin, Heather Hubbard, Doreen McLaughlin
- October 11-13 — Major Workshop: Extreme Warp Makeover — Robyn Spady
- October 14 — The Devil’s in the Details — Robyn Spady
Mini-workshop: Trimmings Without a Turkey — Robyn Spady
- November 11 — Plantation Slave Weavers Remember — Mary Madison
- December 9 — A Dyer’s Unexpected Journey — Peggy Doney — Stash Sale & Holiday Potluck Luncheon
Mini-workshop (AM and PM Sessions): Dyeing a Warp, Fiber, or Yarn — Peggy Doney
- January 13 — Sand in My Shoes — Rebecca Mezoff
Mini-workshop: Creating Without Pain — Rebecca Mezoff
- February 10 — Card Weaving — Nancy Mason
Mini-workshop: Card Weaving — Nancy Mason
- March 10 — Weaving Linen — Edna Devai
- April 14 — Sprang, its History, Technique and Replication Projects — Carol James
Mini-workshop: Sprang — Carol James
- May 12 — How to be Successful with Textile Photography — Allison Ernest
Installation of new officers, End of year luncheon
PPWG October 11-13, 2016 Workshop
Extreme Warp Makeover
In this 3 day workshop taught by Robyn Spady, participants will learn many different ways to weave on a single 4-shaft threading — from twill, lace, and overshot to swivel, corduroy, deflected weft, and double-faced. You will also learn the basics of different structures and how to adapt a single threading to weave a number of different weaves, including concepts such as star vs. rose fashion, weaving on opposites, and echo treadling. Four-shaft loom required. The workshop will be in the Carriage House at Penrose House in Colorado Springs.
PPWG October 14 Mini-Workshop — Trimmings Without a Turkey by Robyn Spady
This workshop will be held from 1-4pm at the church after the October guild meeting
Cord and trim can be the perfect element for finishing your project. Whether you're making a Chanel-style jacket and want to make your own trim, looking for different garment and accessory closure ideas, or create jewelry and other personal adornment, then this class is for you! In this hands-on class, participants will be introduced to a variety of simple techniques that may be used to create a wide variety of non-woven cord and trim. Class Fee $25, Materials fee of $10 paid directly to the instructor.